WRITER AND CONSULTANT
This definitive book was a major outcome of the UNCTAD-ICTSD project on Intellectual Property Rights and Sustainable Development, 2001-03
Intellectual Property, Food and Development
Work with others
I have worked on various aspects of intellectual property and development with other organisations including
- The UK's Department for International Development in developing and steering the first phase of the UNCTAD-ICTSD Project on Intellectual Property Rights and Sustainable Development, 2001-03. This has lead to the production of a range of materials on TRIPS and Development, notably the Resource Book on TRIPS and Development and an internet site for web based resources on intellectual property and development. The project also promotes regional dialogues and capacity building in developing countries around the world.
- CEAS Consultants (Wye) Ltd, Centre for European Agricultural Studies, co-authoring a "Study on the Relationship between the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights and Biodiversity Related Issues" for the Directorate-General for Trade of the European Commission.
- CIDSE (International Cooperation for Development and Solidarity), initial drafting of the position paper "Biopatenting and the Threat to Food Security - A Christian And Development Perspective".
- Saana Consulting, on "The role and Perspectives of "Non-Traditional" Providers of IPR Technical Assistance" available online in the final report of workshop "Reflection on IPR Technical Assistance for Developing Countries and Transition Economies", Burnham Beeches, 15-17 September 2004.
- The Food Ethics Council, writing the report TRIPS with everything? Intellectual property and the farming world, November 2002"