Height Gate consists of a converted farmhouse and large attached barn with:
- a well-equipped kitchen
- main living room, with wood-burning stove
- downstairs bedroom with bunk beds, wheelchair accessible
- three upstairs rooms for sleeping
- the barn offers a large indoor space for activities
- toilet and shower facilities (wheelchair accessible)
- a plentiful supply of camping mats and camp beds are available stored in the bedrooms.
- there is a field next to the barn for pitching tents and a space for campfires above the barn.
The sleeping arrangements are currently based on the simple 'camping barn' model. Bedrooms are carpeted; users will need to bring their own sleeping bags and if desired camping mats or campbeds.